When it comes to shopping for real food ingredients, I love to find convenience foods that save me time in the kitchen – things like frozen cauliflower “rice”, pre-washed spinach, shredded cabbage, etc.
Sometimes these convenience foods come with a higher price, so I like to make it worth my while and use them in multiple meals throughout the week. The convenience factor goes up every time I prepare a meal, because of the time it has saved me, and that makes this busy momma very happy.
This week, for example, I bought a bag of shredded carrots from Trader Joe’s and used it in three meals throughout the week. First I used it in my Sausage, Carrot & Zucchini Casserole that I prepped for breakfast this week, next I used it to make Chicken Fried “Rice” (I can’t wait to share this recipe with you!) and then I used it to make the recipe I want to share with you today – Paleo Egg Roll in a Bowl.
The concept is simple, it’s the insides of an eggroll (with a few tweaks), minus the crunchy wrapper, enjoyed in a bowl. There are so many variations of this recipe out there, but I couldn’t find a recipe that was quite what I was looking for, so I worked on a combination of flavors and ingredients that we enjoy and created our own version.
This recipe is completely and ridiculously easy and it’s now on the menu weekly. It’s delicious, filling and reheats beautifully for leftovers. Did I mention this is a one-pot meal? That’s right, one pot = one dish to clean. That’s what I’m talking about! We throw this all together in our go-to electric frying pan that is seriously the greatest kitchen purchase we have made. It’s my meal prep workhorse and makes this dish so simple to throw together.
Ready for the recipe? I hope you love it as much as we do ♥.
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb ground beef
- 10 oz cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste or Magic Mushroom Powder if you have it!
- In a large pan over medium high heat, melt ghee or coconut oil.
- Once pan is hot, add garlic and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add ground beef, season with salt and pepper (or magic mushroom powder) and brown until cooked throughout.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut aminos, sesame oil and fish sauce.
- Add shredded cabbage and carrots to your pan and toss to mix well with the ground beef.
- Pour your coconut aminos, sesame oil and fish sauce over meat and veggies and stir.
- Cover your pan and let it cook for 10-15 minutes until the carrots and cabbage have softened and wilted to your liking.
- While your meat and veggies are cooking, crack your eggs in a small bowl (like the one you just used for your liquids. Save those dishes!) and whisk well.
- Once your vegetables are wilted to your liking, increase the heat to medium high and move all your vegetables to one side of your pan and pour your eggs on the other side.
- Once your eggs are cooked through, use your spatula to chop up in large pieces and then stir in with your meat and veggies.
- Season your dish with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
This recipe is Whole30 compliant and Paleo.
This post does contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything contained in these links, your price is completely unaffected. This is simply how I support my time on this blog. I only include affiliate links for products I use and love. Any compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog.