I love water, I really do. It hydrates you, it’s important for your body to function properly and you can’t live without it. I drink plenty of water and I enjoy it, but after a couple of weeks on the Whole30, I missed having a beverage that wasn’t water (or coffee).
I was thinking of something delicious and fun to drink that would be Whole30 compliant, which meant it couldn’t have sugar, alcohol or anything artificial and in my mind I envisioned this refreshing drink.
- 1 liter Coconut Water
- 24 ounces Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- Extra lime juice + citrus salt for the glass (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a large pitcher and serve in glasses rimmed with citrus salt. For a frozen drink, blend all ingredients in a blender with ice and serve.
After I told my husband about my idea for this drink, he made up a batch and surprised me with it on Mother’s Day. It was as delicious and refreshing as I thought it would be. We have worked on the ratio and finally wrote it down to share with you.
I love to add a slice of lime in a fancy glass and sip this outside on a sunny day. I have also been known to make this and sit inside on a day I wish was warm and sunny. This is also a great drink to make and serve when you’re having company over.
- This recipe was dreamed up while on a Whole30, which means no alcohol, but if you want to make this a grown up beverage I would recommend adding something like Malibu rum or tequila.
- If you are curious what citrus salt is, it’s citrus zest mixed with kosher salt. These salts are so easy to make, have so many wonderful uses and can brighten up any dish.